This small chapel, begun in 1722, is one of the most interesting monuments in Aveiro. It is composed of two parts: the octagonal nave and the rectangular chancel. Three beautiful and highly decorated portals can be seen on the outside. The pediments above the main one of these portals are sumptuously decorated with leaves and garlands.
In the interior, each side of the nave forms a semi-circular arch and the vaulted ceiling, with its boss consisting of a carved wood fleuron, is also supported by stone arches. The decoration is completed with two carved wood retables, framing paintings by Pedro Alexandrino and two canopied pulpits.