The Church of São Lourenço dates back to the 16th century. Its exterior is extremely plain, characteristic of the sober style common to rural surroundings. Over the years, certain architectural and decorative changes have been made, particularly in the wake of the 1755 earthquake.
The interior features 18th century tiled panels which depict Old Testament scenes. There are also panels dating back to the 16th century, in all probability part of the original décor.
On the lateral walls, there are two 17th century panels depicting scenes from the life of Saint Laurence, the church´s patron.
The main chapel is also highly striking with its altar in polychromatic marble from the Serra da Arrábida, 17th century gold-leafed carvings and its canvas painting of the Last Supper.