Founded by the Queen Dona Leonor in the 15th century, this church has an important set of artistic treasures. One of the most significant images is the old blue porcelain statue of the Virgin Mary, which can be seen in the entrance porch.
The church’s interior is completely covered in 17th-century tiles, placed here during the last important phase of restoration (1678). Also of interest is the tomb of the Countess of Cavaleiros, Dona Luiza Guerra. The wooden barrel vaulting of the ceiling is painted with various decorative motifs and the royal crown.