This church belonged to the former Carmelite convent, the cloister of which is now occupied by the police. Founded in 1657, by the 4th Duke of Aveiro, the church was only completed in 1738.
Although there are no features of major interest to be found on the outside, the interior is certainly worth a visit in order to see the paintings on the ceiling of the nave, depicting scenes from the life of Santa Teresa de Jesus, and the panels of blue and white baroque azulejos, depicting religious scenes. Towards the top of the walls are richly decorated carved and gilded wooden frames containing pictures of the saints belonging to the Carmelite order. In the triumphal arch, notice the coat of arms of the house of Aveiro, in homage to the church´s noble founder.