Church of São Sebastião – Lagos
The Church of São Sebastião was built between the 14th and 16th centuries. On the exterior, it’s worth noting the late-Gothic portico and the locally sculpted motifs of the lateral doorway.
The interior is formed by three naves separated by Doric columns. The church houses an exquisite statue of Nossa Senhora da Glória, offered by D. João V.
in the 14th century, when the building served as a hermitage consecrated to Nossa Senhora da Conceição. In 1463 it was transformed into a church and dedicated to São Sebastião. In an annex building, there is a small Bones Chapel.