Located close to the medieval walls, it was built in the 14th century at the time of their donation to the religious order of Saint Francis in 1312, under king Dinis. The church underwent major alterations in the 18th and 19th centuries due to two earthquakes and a fire in 1843 that resulted in part of the convent caving in. Of the original church there remains the sacristy and two gothic chapels.
On the interior, of note are the 15th century statue of Saint Anne, the locally produced 18th century collection of statues and canvases and the baroque carving on the main altar. The baroque style bell house was built in the 18th century.