The Church of Santo António began construction in 1606 to be donated to the Capuchin monks. The convent buildings were destroyed in the 17th century with only the small cloister and church surviving to be handed over to the Friars of Saint Anthony in 1856. Architecturally speaking, this is a fairly simple religious building.
In artistic terms, there are the frescos painted in the 17th century over the vaults of the main chapel. There is also the rococo altarpiece and a set of life-sized sculpted clay figures depicting three episodes from the life of Saint Anthony in Padua, where he died. Completed in the 17th century, the piece is entitled “Transition of Saint Anthony”.