Albufeira Misericórdia Chapel

Standing on the site of a former Moorish mosque, the building was restored in 1499 as a Misericórdia (Mercy) Chapel. Rebuilt after the earthquake of 1755, it nevertheless retains some of its earlier gothic features, namely the doorway, the triumphal arch and the apse.

It has a carved retable on the high altar with statues from the 17th/18th centuries.


Photo: www.portaldescobrimentos.pt

Coordinates: 37.087793,-8.251905